Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 15 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.crossfitsandysprings.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dig, Russ, Dig!
Curtis in the transition for the snatch balance.

"Griff"
800m run
400m run backwards
800m run
400m run backwards

We changed some of our Class times!

We have added 6 a.m. on Thursday mornings and 4,5 and 6 p.m. on Friday afternoons. Jonathan has his classes at 10 a.m. all through the week and I will be handling 4,5 and 6 p.m. on Fridays with Chace coming in at 6 p.m.

There has been a proposed Paleo potluck for Friday evening. If you'd like to come reply to the email or post here with what you'd like to bring.


There is a profound difference between training optimally and training maximally. I would argue that we train for optimum performance with maximally effort on workouts. Now that we've got our diets inline, it is important that we organize our recovery and our workouts for optimal performance.
The first part is setting goals. I'd like your goals to be concrete and with a definite time frame. A concrete goal with an end date is something I'd like to dead lift 405x5 by my birthday. I'd like everyone to either post a concrete goal with a date to comments or tell us in the gym tomorrow.

-Paul Siegel

12 comments:

  1. Yay Paul!
    I'm defintely coming in on Fridays!
    My goal is to get a pull-up by the end of the Paleo Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you added 6am on Thursdays!

    I'll have to think about the goal - so many I can choose from that need progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do a pull-up in my wedding dress by May 29th :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for adding Friday afternoon classes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHH - I'm liking the class times! Do you think there would be a showing at a lunch workout?

    Joanna - that's a nice goal, and that picture of the lady doing that on the HQ site was VERY cool.

    My goal, other than hand-catching that squirrel, is to pass my fear of all things hand-stand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...I've got two goals.
    1. Hit the 500lb mark for Total by the end of the Gut Check Challenge
    2. Get a muscle up by my birthday on April 18th (this is gonna be the REEAAALLLY challenging one)

    -Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handstands are def cool Chris. I worked on my handstands more this morning and have been over the past couple weeks too. I found some good info on the CF journal I can send you. Email me at cperry@rjgriffin.com if you want.

    My goal is to do a freestanding handstand push up (no wall) by my bday on June 20th.

    I also really need to work on my muscle up, double unders and running speed too so I'll probably have those in the mix to have done by that date too. Nothing like biting off way more than I can chew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yea, I would do a lunch work out too sometimes. Not having showers there could be tough for some people though. Nate could just hose us down in the parking lot. I shower at work so I could do it though.

    Probably have to be a special sign up on that to make sure people showed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goals? We don't need no stinking goals...

    Here are my goals for the Gut Check Challenge (March 19, 2010)
    CrossFit Total - 750 lbs (50 lbs)
    Cindy - 20 rounds (1 round)
    5k - 25 minutes (3 minutes)

    Drop 2 lbs of fat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not get the email regarding the pot luck...cannot make it, however, please add my email to your list...kepbird1@bellsouth.net

    thanks....

    thinking of a goal...or two

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lets see
    Goals:
    405x1 Deadlift, long standing goal of mine.

    I'd like proficient double unders by that time as well. Although sometimes I think that may never happen.

    Oh a muscle up would be cool as well.

    Workout:
    20 min row at 2:20 pace, 24 spm. 4260m.

    Food:
    Flying biscuit omelet this morning with hashbrowns. But no biscuit!
    Snacks: Clemetines, nuts, leftover meet.
    Lunch: Cold cuts, macadamia nuts, and a bell pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooorraaaaay!!! For Thursdays and Fridays additional classes!!!! Thank you sooo much guys!!! Goals:
    *a score 0f 500 in the next Total
    *to perform: abmat-free push ups by may;
    bandless pullup by june;a muscle up by december.


    Cool, Joanna! It'd be great to take a pic of you like that bride on HQ!!!

    Thanks, jon for the paleo potluck idea.

    ReplyDelete