Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 15 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.crossfitsandysprings.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009



Congrats to Jason on his first muscle up! Here he is mid hadstand pushup.

Remember: This Saturday:
Skills Class "The Squat" at 8
Normal Classes at 9,10 and 11 a.m.


"Nate"

2 Muscle ups
4 Handstand Push ups
8 Dumbbell Swings 70 lbs.

As many rounds as possible in 20 mins



First a joke:

Q: How do you eat an elephant?

A: One bite at a time



Y'all have heard us say "Small reps, Short rest" but in the middle of a workout when you're hypoxic it might as well be Russian. What I mean is that in a workout I want you to do reps that are below your max and I want you to take shorter breaks. In essence I want you to game your workouts.

Reps below your max: Going into a workout you should have some idea of how many reps. of a given movement you can do. Take Angie for example. I know I can do 15 kipping pullups as my max, I'll have that and do 10 pullups for 10 sets to get to my hundred. For squats maybe I can do 30 as my max before stopping to shake out. I'll do 25 for 4 sets.

Shorter Breaks: I don't know anyone who can do 100 pullups unbroken. You're going to have to stop. By not going to exhaustation on my reps, I wont be as gassed when I do stop. This means I won't need to recover as long, my energy banks aren't as depleted. I also give myself some limit on my rest, I'll count 5 deep breaths or I'll count down in my head "3,2,1..go" and then I'll go. Another thing to realize is that that short rest may not be necessary. It may feel necessary at the time, but it's probably not. At times it will be neccesary, during yesterday's front squat you may not have had any left in you or your wrist were bothering you, then it's time to rack it. it's just your body freaking out at the intensity. Another Thing I try and do is not walk away from whatever apparatus I'm using. During Randy, I never left the barbell. Maybe a step back but no more. That corner of the gym isn't going to be anymore restful than where you need to be. Keep moving, don't walk away.

1 comment:

  1. "Nate"
    MOD
    MU from Knees
    Knees on Box HSPU
    KB Swing, 60#

    11 ROunds + 7 KB swings

    ReplyDelete